Monday, January 24, 2011

Snow snow go away...

And don't come back another day!

Don't get me wrong, unexpected days off are a nice surprise every once in awhile, but when the make-up days get closer and closer to going into our Spring Break, it's just annoying!  I would much rather have a day off when it is hot, then when it's freezing cold.

So far, they have had to add days on to the end of the year (which I will gladly accept over Spring Break days), Memorial Day is now a regular school day, and because of today's "snow" day we had to give up our Teacher Workday this Thursday and also have school this Saturday.
................................
WEATHER UPDATE
Monday, Jan 24
SCHOOL CLOSED 

That's right, this morning I woke up and there was a dusting of snow on the ground.  I thought we wouldn't even have a delay.  But, around 5:45 I got the text message: 3-hour delay. So, I went in at my regular time (8:00) and then 30 minutes later another text message went out: CLOSED.  So, the assistant principal came on the overhead and said that everyone needed to go home and announced the make-up days.  As far as pay, it doesn't really affect me because now I get to work on Thursday--I wouldn't have if it had been a teacher workday since I am hourly.  It might even be a better deal for me if I get to work Saturday as well!  We'll see!  The only negative is that it is our 2 year anniversary weekend.  We haven't really made any plans yet, but we definitely didn't expect for me to be at work!  

But wait... there's more!  This is from the Asheville Citizen-Times: 
According to the National Weather Service, the city could get 2-3 inches of snow Tuesday and Wednesday as a storm system moves up from the Gulf and collides with cold air over the mountains. Higher elevations to the north and west of Asheville could get 3-7 inches.

Actual snow days are more of a pain then days like today, because at least today I can get out and get things done! Today I've already gone to the Y and I've run some errands.  So, here's to hoping for no more snow this week! (or this winter!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment