Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jobs, House, Etc.

Life is good. great. wonderful!

I just finished up an interim kindergarten teaching position at a great elementary school, and now they have hired me full-time as a 4th grade tutor.  I will be working with a few students at a time in different classrooms.  I am already loving it - I started yesterday.  Hours are 8-3 every school day, which means I actually have time to work out in the mornings - I better start taking advantage of that! I have really been blessed with how everything has turned out as far as a job.  I did my student teaching in the fall, the teacher went out for surgery and I took over her class, and now this. What makes it even better is that I LOVE the school!

Ray's job is also going well.  A position change/promotion is in the works and he will be spending a month in Spartanburg to train for that.  They are putting him in a hotel, but I'm sure we will meet for dinner once during the week and see each other on the weekends.  (Asheville-Spartanburg is just a 45 minute drive.)  Also, my grandparents are in Spartanburg so we'll definitely be spending more time with them.

Ray and I have been living in the same apartment complex since before we were engaged.  I moved in with my best friend, Molly, in Dec. 2007.  When Ray was transferred up here (from Hickory), he moved into the complex.  And when we got married, I moved into his apartment and we've been in it ever since!

Carson's Creek Apartments

Well, with Ray's promotion we know that we will be here for at least another 18 months, so we decided that if we found a good deal on a house, we'd go for it.  With a realtor, we looked in Hendersonville (about 20 minutes from Ray's store and my school) because there are houses with more land and taxes are less.  We found the perfect "starter" house in a new, gated development.  It's a foreclosure (but no one has lived in it) so it is as good of a deal as we could find, given how expensive it is to live in this area!  After much consideration, and some input from the parents, we made an OFFER on Thursday.  WHAT?! Are we seriously buying a house??  If and only if the price is right. It's just a waiting game now.  It's giving us plenty of time to pray about it and we're excited to see what God has planned for us.

The house we love! 

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Kimberly!! Everything...the job, Ray's job, and the house!! So exciting :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete