Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Moving on . . .

I feel like I just got rejected by a guy I really liked! Haha.  The realtor called back this evening and said that the seller made a counter offer on the other person's offer...and that a third person was making an offer tonight!  Even she was surprised that this house has been sitting on the market for months and then all of a sudden, three people make offers.  I guess I was more attached to it than I thought I was because I didn't think I would be upset if we didn't get it.  But, after I hung up the phone I seriously felt like I had been dumped! After talking to Ray about it though, he reminded me that we will end up being in the house we were meant to be in.  So, what do you do when you get dumped? You move on!

We are going to see if the realtor can take us back to our "second choice" house sometime this week.  We--I, especially--really liked it, but we liked the location of House #1 better.  This one is also a foreclosure, and unlike the other, someone has actually lived in it.  That's also what makes us a little apprehensive.  House #1 was brand new, never lived in.  It had all of the appliances.  House #2 only has a dishwasher (no stove, no fridge).  But, it's all hardwood floors, and very traditional. It's beautiful inside!  Also, the list price is considerably lower than the list price on House #1, so that's always a plus.  Here's a picture of House #2.  We haven't made an offer or anything, but I just thought I'd go ahead and share!


Also, there is a wide open pasture behind it!  We're not sure if there are cows or horses, but it's a great view.  The negative to that is that there is also barbed wire in our backyard, so if we had kids in that house we'd definitely have to put up some kind of fence to create a barrier for the wire.  

And don't worry, Mama and Daddy, I'm not really getting too attached!  We are putting a lot of thought into it and making sure it's the best decision for us right now.  It takes a lot for Ray to be able to make a decision as big as this. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that house is HUGE! Good luck! And sorry about the first house, but like Ray said, you'll get the house you were meant for! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ray! If you remember, we were devastated when the day we went in to buy our house here in Greenwood, she said it had sold like an hour before! I pretty much cried...but I am so happy we are where we are and that we have a garage and a neighborhood!

    And if you do get House #2 it might be fun to pick out the stove and fridge you want!

    ReplyDelete